In this edition of Workflow Frontlines, we will be looking into a legacy paper process: travel reimbursements.
Nearly every prospective customer I talk to has this process at the top of mind. When I ask how they are handling reimbursements currently, all of them reply with one word: “PAPER!”. I hear it in large companies, small companies, and even tech companies. They stick to the paper process because they believe it works best for them.
However, the person I’m on the phone with knows there must be a better way and they are seeking any option they can.
Considering a company where consultants travel at least once a week.Reimbursements are a headache and take up a large amount of billable hours. They have to fill out different forms for different projects, find the receipts, attach the receipts, submit the form to the wrong person, submit the form to the right person, make changes to the form, and then finally wait patiently in untrackable limbo until the money is finally reimbursed.
If this kind of chaos wasn’t enough on its own, traditional paper processes have bad answers to these questions:
- What happens when the reimbursement request is rejected?
- How does the consultant get notified about a rejection?
- What does the manager do if he/she requires additional information?
- How are all the requests documented for each consultant?
For these and many more reasons, I spend hours everyday talking with business leaders who are looking for a clean, crisp way to document, track, and automate the travel reimbursement process.
What are you waiting for? Give Kissflow HR Cloud a chance and see what it can do for you!
- How to Choosing the Best HR Software
- HR Management Software for Your Small Business
- An Answer to the Biggest Headache of All for Traveling Consultants
- The Evolving Role of an HR Manager | Crucial HR Functions
- The Leverage of a HR System and How to Choose One
- How to Boost your Restaurant’s Rating with HR Automation
- Checklist to Create Perfect Performance Evaluation Process