When should I use the OKR template?
OKRs come in handy whenever you have projects to execute or targets to meet beyond what you can reasonably plot out on a sheet of paper or some lite task management tool. OKRs help align your team, keep the focus on the big picture, and track projects so they’re not sidestepped until completion.
This template will be useful for managing:
- Weekly OKRs
- Monthly OKRs
- Yearly OKRs
- Aspirational OKRs
- Tactical OKRs
- Strategic OKRs
- Committed OKRs
- Individual OKRs
- Team OKRs
- Business OKRs
Regardless of your unique use case for assigning and engaging employees on goals and targets, this template is designed to fit right in.
What should I look for in an OKR template?
OKRs are a framework for assigning targets and keeping individuals and teams engaged and committed to certain results, both for the short-term and for the long-term.
An OKR template should therefore be capable of helping coordinate your team’s work and assist you in managing specific OKRs assigned to you.
Overall, a good OKR template should help you:
- Create, assign, and manage targets for individual team members, groups of team members, whole departments, and even your entire workplace
- Manage the assets required to handle targets and supporting projects
- Communicate, collaborate, and engage the team members you’ve assigned OKRs to
- Track both individual and team progress on assigned OKRs
- Deliver notifications to help team members maintain context and stay on top of their assigned targets
If you have a team that needs guidance and management executing targets, the OKR planning template is just what you need.