Social media has taken the world by storm. With over 3.6 billion (46%) of the world’s population connected on the major social media channels, it’s a marketing channel you can’t afford to ignore. Likewise, you can’t afford to take a haphazard approach to your social media strategy if you intend to get reasonable results in the long run.
When should I use the social media calendar template?
As long as you have a social media strategy and you’re looking to publish on at least one social media platform, you definitely need a content calendar. The social content calendar template helps you:
- Store content ideas until it’s time to publish them
- Create and store assets for the long-term
- Record previous content campaigns, and possibly their performance
- Avoid on-the-fly planning and be more productive
This template will be useful if you’re planning and managing:
- FB campaigns
- Twitter campaigns
- LinkedIn campaigns
- Pinterest campaigns
- Branding campaigns
- Quora campaigns
This template offers a shortcut to building a functional social media calendar template so you can manage your social campaigns and drive positive ROI from your efforts.
What should I look for in a social media calendar?
Before you choose a tool for building a social media calendar, there are several features you need to tick off on your checklist to ensure you’re making the best choice possible.
Above all, a social media calendar should help you:
- Communicate with your team members
- Assign tasks to other members of your social media management team
- Store and manage assets such as images, links, etc.
- Schedule posts ahead of time
- Record performance data for reporting
A social media calendar should help you manage the entire social media management process end-to-end and engage your team as you do so.