When should I use the content strategy plan template?
A content strategy plan comes in handy whenever you have to create content for the long run. It gives you a simple blueprint you can follow to plan ideas, schedule them, assign them to team members, create content assets, and have them distributed.
A content strategy plan creates a big picture image of how you can manage the entire content marketing process and get your envisioned results. This content strategy plan is most helpful when creating any of the following assets:
- content marketing plans
- website content plans
- social media content strategy plans
- blog content strategy plans
- video content plans
Using a content strategy plan makes it easy to manage your content marketing plan in a linear pattern as opposed to reinventing the wheel for every new task.
What should I look for in a content strategy plan?
The work you’ll be able to do with your content strategy plan boils down to the features you have built into your planner. Ideally, you should opt for a tool that helps you plan for both long and short-term, assign tasks, communicate with your team, and track outcomes.
A good content strategy planner should help you:
- Organize and assign tasks & objectives to manage the execution of your plan
- Communication with your team via tools like chat, @mentions, and notifications to collaborate effectively
- Record key details such as your company mission, audience persona, brand guidelines, etc. to guide your efforts
- Plan different kinds of content and include an emphasis on how they should be created
- Assign tasks to team members
- Track outcomes
This content strategy plan template lets you get started filling in the blanks and build an actionable content strategy plan fast