Effectively communicating and ensuring everyone is on the same page is still one of the biggest challenges in project management. Both experienced and novice project managers (and official and unofficial) face this issue and their teams often proceed without any clear understanding of what needs to be done.
Table of contents
5 popular roadmap software for product teams in 2021
Are you looking for a way to enhance your team’s performance with a roadmap? If yes, then why not use the best tools available on the market! Here are the 5 most popular product roadmapping software tools that can help project teams strategize your next steps and bring your vision to life.
1. Kissflow Project
Why limit yourself to roadmap software only? Kissflow Project is a comprehensive project management package that comes with all the features and capabilities you’ll need to get the job done in the most effective and efficient manner. Kissflow promises to simplify the way you handle projects and follows through with its excellent project management features and automated processes.
Join 10,000+ Project Managers Who Manage Their Work Using Kissflow Project!
From regular projects to the most complex program, you’ll find this project roadmap tool capable of handling everything!Here are some top features that set Kissflow apart from other options on the market:
- Task status
- Automated alerts and notifications
- Activity feed and project dashboard
- Advanced reports covering all aspects
- Centralized communication
- Pre-made templates
- Visualization options.
Create project timelines, roadmaps, and other documents in a few clicks
Kissflow offers the following project pricing plans:
- Starter ($7/user/month annually) – Project management suite limited to 3 parallel projects.
- Professional ($12/user/month annually) – Advanced project management with reporting and analytics for 5 projects.
- Enterprise (Custom) – Create a plan that best suits you and pay only for the features you need.
The second option, Aha!, is a unique product roadmapping software that focuses on delivering effective results through illustrations. It can be used as a complete project management tool and can visualize the entire workflow in an easy-to-understand design. The product roadmap tool is equipped with several features to facilitate management and help in shaping up your project vision.
These are some excellent features that distinguish Aha! from other tools on the market:
- Intuitive workflow optimization through visualization
- Support for both high-level strategies and project-level decisions
- Timeline management and project tracking
- Numerous roadmap templates
Aha! offers multiple price plans to facilitate businesses in choosing the best fit for them. For startups, there is a special discount as well. Details of other packages are listed below:
- Premium ($59/user/month) – Strategize with your teams, build roadmaps, create plans, and keep track of your progress.
- Enterprise ($99/contributor/month) – Charges based on owners and contributors with the option of adding unlimited viewers. Equipped with all the project management features you’ll need.
- Enterprise+ ($149/contributor/month) – Everything in the previous plans along with automation, scenario analysis, custom solutions, and other advanced features.
3. Product Plan
Product Plan is a pure project visualization software that comes with all the roadmapping capabilities you’ll need to effectively collaborate with your team and turn your vision into reality. The roadmap tool allows you to customize your layouts, prioritize your tasks, and track your progress in real-time. Simply put, a Product Plan is a viable option for any team looking for a good project roadmap software.
Here are some of its key features:
- Customizable layouts
- Intuitive UI
- Simple operations and processes
- Automatic notifications
- Integration with top business tools in the market
Product Plan offers one pre-made plan (business), and two custom options. The business plan has a monthly fee of $39 per editor and allows unlimited viewers.
Roadmunk is another product roadmap software with a few project management features as well to enhance your overall experience. The program sets itself apart by offering countless templates for almost all basic scenarios. The templates are divided into 4 main categories or functions, while there are multiple subcategories.
These are some of the most noteworthy features of Roadmunk:
- Swimlane and timeline views
- Multiple roadmap templates
- Easier prioritization
- Feedback integration
- File attachments
- Custom audiences
Roadmunk offers the following price plans:
- Starter ($25/month) – All the basic management and visualization features for a single user.
- Business ($65/user/month) – A perfect choice for small teams that are just starting out.
- Professional ($129/user/month) – Advanced management features with seamless plan integration and other high-end features.
- Enterprise (Custom) – Select the features you need and create your plan.
5. Product Board
Product board is an exceptional project roadmap software that can store and show a ton of information. The roadmapping tool has several roadmap templates, customized options, milestones, roadmap, prioritization features, and much more. It is an all-in-one roadmap software and has everything you’ll ever need to execute your projects successfully.
Some of the top features of the Product Board are:
- Pre-made templates
- Customized views and swimlanes
- Prioritization features
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Integration with other business tools
Product Board offers the following price plans:
- Essentials ($20/editor/month) – Basic plan with all the necessary features to get you started.
- Pro ($50/editor/month) – Prioritize tasks, integrate feedback, and get all stakeholders on the same page.
- Scale ($100/editor/month) – Advanced roadmapping features with the option to align team goals with organization strategy and roadmaps.
- Enterprise (Custom) – Select the features you need and create your plan.
Roadmapping software: What are they and why are they important?
It’s possible that the end result you are aiming for will have countless benefits for users/clients, but without a clear path to achieving it, you’ll be wasting a lot of resources and time. By clearly communicating the most optimized approach from the early stages of the project, you can synergize your team’s efforts and achieve excellent results.
That’s where roadmaps come in! They are among the most effective roadmapping tools to visualize your project’s goals and illustrate your vision in a series of interconnected tasks. That’s not all. An effective project roadmap will also help you in prioritizing your tasks and maintaining effective control on everything from conceptualization to completion.
While project roadmaps are excellent, creating them from scratch can be a cumbersome job. A project roadmap solution can make your job easier and also help your team perform at 100%. With the right product roadmap software, you get to enjoy all the benefits without any hassle of formatting a spreadsheet. The next section will take a look at some of the benefits of using project roadmap software.
How can roadmap software help your project team?
An effective product roadmap software can save your time, help with setting up project goals, streamline your management processes, and make your life as stress-free as possible. Here are some of the main benefits you and your team can expect from a project roadmap tool.
One of the biggest advantages of online project management tools is their cross-platform compatibility and the ability to maintain access control for better project collaboration. Any effective tool will allow you to share your roadmap, control who gets to view what and make quick edits according to the situation.
Modern projects are ever-changing, and this ability can help you stay updated all the time.
Creating an effective project roadmap with all the details is a time-consuming process on a spreadsheet. You’ll have to create everything from scratch and continuously format and reformat everything. A project roadmap software can eliminate all that hassle and allow you to set up everything in a matter of minutes.
Most options come with intuitive drag and drop features and options to conveniently add all the details you want.
Most project roadmap software and tools come with additional functionalities to further enhance your experience and facilitate effective management. From highlighting feedback to allowing you to prioritize tasks and build visual plans, roadmapping tools come with numerous capabilities that make them superior to traditional spreadsheets in every way possible.
Clarity and transparency
It is essential for your team members to have a clear idea of the project’s vision and their responsibilities. An effective roadmap can help you illustrate the entire project with all its priorities and goals. You can also show your team all the dependencies that exist in the project and how one member’s responsibilities affect the project on the whole.
A roadmap can also be an effective tracking tool for your projects as it can allow tracking milestones and ensuring timely delivery.
Intuitive UI and aesthetics
Aesthetics are usually underrated in many technical applications, but it’s a fact that visualization tools must focus on the looks as well. A smooth and pleasant-looking roadmap will be well received by your team as compared to a cumbersome design with a bland theme. Most roadmap software and tools come with extremely detailed and pleasant-looking roadmap designs so you can deliver maximum information without any issues.
The interfaces of such tools are also intuitive and can easily be understood with minimal prior training.
Traditionally, spreadsheets were used to create project roadmaps but they are too bland and time-consuming. Team managers have a lot on their plate and they need efficient and intuitive tools to help streamline the job. If you manage a team and are looking for an excellent project roadmap software, give Kissflow Project a try.
It’s a complete project management solution designed to optimize your performance and deliver the best results with consistency. Best of all, it offers a variety of views to provide all-round visibility. Check out project pricing plans.
Manage Your Projects Better Starting Today!
Kissflow Project for all your work
- 7 Free Project Collaboration Tools for Productive Teams
- 8 Best Project Portfolio Management (PPM) Software in 2021
- 9 Best Enterprise Project Management Software Compared
- 6 Powerful Google Project Management Tools and Apps Out there
- 7 Startup Project Management Tools Listed