7 Things that WILL go wrong when you run a Webinar
So we recently had a Webinar, and as anyone who would have already run a Webinar would know it, The first person to signup was good old Murphy ! We were prepared for him, but good old Murphy really has his way around right!! So keeping up with the spirit of sharing, here is a list of 7 things that would go wrong when you run a Webinar . Watch out for these common webinar mistakes and I am sure your Webinar will be Awesome !!
- Your Computers will crash at the last minute thanks to Windows. Oh, don’t even bother about Linux GoToMeeting will not even work there.
- So computers crashes, you are smart to switch to a backup and hell!! The presentation deck on the backup system will not be the latest one.
- Internet will be slow. Internet will not even work. Remember to buy your service provider a few beers on the day before the event, just in case…
- To add to your luck, exactly during the webinar your office space provider (TIDEL Park) will switch the power systems, the quality polycom phone you are using will shut-off without power.
- Your admin team was smart and they did anticipated this and add a UPS to the polycom phone line. However, they never check the battery on the UPS. Sigh!
- Microphones will go Kapoot, speakers might go pop, and then there is this horrible audio feedback that will relay a Neil Armstrong style “one small step for man”, 8 mins after you actually say it.
- Flash player will stall, and Java would want to update in the middle of your session.
Ah and one more thing!!
- You were smart enough to take precaution against all of it right ?! WRONG!! , If you are doing a demo you might want to check to have a stable version your app on your computer, chances of your junior most programmer checking in a small change that would crash the app is a lot more probable than you think. 500 Error. Damn It!!!