Onboarding Automation – Benefits of HR Automation in Employee Onboarding Process
September 28th, 2017 • employee onboarding
An automated onboarding process is a sigh of relief to HR representatives. In reality, these new employee onboarding techniques benefit teams beyond the HR department; those in Finance and Operations, for example, can concentrate on more strategic tasks with the help of new-age employee onboarding.
The advantages of automating the process of employee onboarding new employees can have bigger impacts on the company, which in the end can boost overall performance.
HR Onboarding Automation: The Status of Employee Onboarding Before Automation
Onboarding new employees is a tedious process involving a lot of people and resources. For just one candidate, an entire host of small tasks have to be completed as part of the employee onboarding checklist, for example:
- Schedule meetings specifically for new hires
- Spend time and money to print several company policies and forms that are to be read and signed as part of the new hire onboarding process
- Distribute forms such as surveys, made specifically for the purpose of employee onboarding in-person
- Manually key in employee data onto a computer
- Closely monitor the process and review the gathered data to avoid mistakes when onboarding new employees
- Assess new hires individually
- Pair new hires with a peer (e.g. mentorship program, buddy system) as part of the HR onboarding process
- Prepare visual aids and other training modules for employee onboarding requirement
- Organize orientation workshops to run tests, impart about company policies, and discuss ideas with the new hires for a stricter employee onboarding process
But there are additional risks involved with the process, such as:
- The HR might lose some employee forms and have to repeat the entire process again.
- It’s highly likely that some of the new recruits will give wrong inputs than what was asked of them, or the HR person might type them wrong when they manually transcribe it in the computer.
- The new hires can grow impatient and the back and forth onboarding might drain their productivity even before they start working on a project.
Onboarding new employees doesn’t have to be a groan-inducing process. More and more companies are opting for automated onboarding apps because of the obvious improvements in new hire satisfaction, performance, as well as the general efficiency of the company.
Automate your Employee Onboarding Process using
Get a Free 14-day Trial with KiSSFLOW!
HR Automated Onboarding Benefits:
For the company:
- The company is able to save money. This is definitely something that management board in every company loves to hear. Onboarding automation eliminates the redundancy that paperwork brings to a process. On average, companies have about 15 to 20 forms and papers to read, review, and sign as part of standard HR onboarding procedures. Not anymore.
- The company is able to save time. HR onboarding usually takes a toll on those with administrative roles. The new employee onboarding process can save a lot of time as it frees the HR staff from spending too much time with the new hires.
- The company is able to collect data more efficiently. With automated onboarding process, you can gather information about the new hires more efficiently. You can also store the collected data in a secure place or integrate with other HR software.
- The company is able to reduce errors. This goes with the cost-effectivity of automated employee onboarding. Onboarding workflow automation brings the precision of a machine to the process of onboarding new employees. There are set parameters to an automated process which eliminates the chances of errors by a big margin.
- The company has a better sense of security. Employee onboarding can be a sensitive process as it includes important employee data. With onboarding automation, companies can ensure that all information collected while onboarding new employees stays confidential and locked in a virtual database and out of reach from any kind of physical access.
For the new hire:
- The new hire is less likely to be overwhelmed. An integral part of onboarding new employees is giving them the right kind of information at the right time. Automated hr platforms are able to release modules and other aid on schedule, and can also track progress and learning milestones.
- The new hire feels fulfilled. The traditional form of onboarding new employees usually leads to an ugly imbalance where some new hires receive a great onboarding experience while others get a hurried walkthrough. An automated onboarding software can ensure that the employee onboarding process is consistent for every new person that joins the team.
- The new hire can focus on tasks related to his or her jobs. The faster the onboarding process is over, the sooner a new person can start working on a team. Automated onboarding workflow shortens the time for a person to transition from training to start working on their very first assignment. The new hire can spend time to get familiar with their work and meet the cadence of their team to make meaning contribution.
- The new hire feels empowered. The rote way of employee onboarding can be extremely demanding of a new hire’s time. With automation, onboarding new employees becomes a stress-free experience where both the new hire and the administrators have their own time to complete and facilitate tasks respectively through a software.
At the end of the day, an employee onboarding process is just a means to the end. When the process is fast and efficient, it gives the new staff the confidence to learn the nuances of their new job quickly and make a difference in their team.
Employee onboarding automation doesn’t have to be what it once was—messy, stressful, and time-consuming. With great onboarding solution to automate your onboarding process your business can manage the entire process with more control.