The Short Guide to Adaptive Case Management Software
Quality service and fair pricing used to be a competitive advantage. But modern customers have much higher expectations: personalized interactions, connected experiences across channels, and proactive service.
Traditional business process management (BPM) and case management have been pushed to the limit with increasing enterprise expectations for higher adaptability and flexibility.
Companies are looking to build high-value relationships with their customers. They want to be fast and efficient in processing different customer cases, claims, and contracts. Communication must also be consistent and relevant in different customer scenarios and ever-changing business environments.
More and more customer-focused organizations are turning to adaptive case management to give them the flexibility and power they need to handle customer-facing challenges.
What is adaptive case management (ACM)?
Adaptive case management is an approach to case management that helps knowledge workers who need the most flexibility when handling their cases. The software allows them to create and alter any aspects of a case at any time. There is no difference between design time and run time as both are carried out at the same time and by the same people
ACM is used by knowledge workers who have a lot of expertise in an area, like lawyers, doctors, and engineers. Because their knowledge is learned, they can’t transfer it to someone else-like a programmer.
Putting the user in control
Adaptive case management provides a do-it-yourself approach to process programming. The knowledge worker using the software isn’t just responsible for the case’s outcome but also for how the handling of similar cases is enhanced over time.
Cases that require adaptive case management vary so much that knowledge workers are always looking for innovative approaches to meet the unique requirements of new cases.
Knowledge workers are not only involved in the case and choosing a predetermined action, but they also come up with the actions that can be taken. There’s still enough predictability, and the caseworker may reuse a previous process and share or discuss process plans with their colleagues.
In order for knowledge workers to work more efficiently with customers, suppliers, colleagues, and other partners, they must be able to access the right information at the right time.
Adaptive case management is designed to connect each interaction with its corresponding situation. This helps knowledge workers to collaborate more effectively when carrying out business activities that are unpredictable, subject to frequent change, and loosely structured.
Today’s approach to enhancing the customer experience is all about managing the unexpected, agility, innovation, and speed.
When is ACM used?
Adaptive case management is designed to conquer complexity. It facilitates what the knowledge worker needs to do and allows users to adapt the system to suit their needs.
There is no need for a software developer or a process analyst as the caseworker can change the system to meet the constantly-changing requirements. For example, if the caseworker is a doctor and they get an idea about a new treatment plan, they can add the plan to the system without involving a software expert.
Here are some instances when adaptive case management is most suitable.
- When an organization has innovating knowledge workers who must decide on a unique course of action every day and might do things that haven’t been done before. For example, business executives responsible for the merger of two companies may have to come up with a new way to do things.
- When management needs to have a 360° business overview in an environment that’s hard to manage. Some business processes can be hard to monitor and unpredictable events can create an environment that’s hard to control. Adaptive case management provides real-time monitoring and feedback, ensuring continuous improvement. The top management has a 360° view of the company and can keep enhancing business operations.
- When companies want to increase productivity. ACM allows projects to be carried out in half the time. Because the system adapts itself to new events all the time, the work process keeps on improving.
- When knowledge must be shared to give coworkers insights and to bring structure where it is needed. As workplaces become more collaborative, it has become more important for management and employees to exchange knowledge and experience. Adaptive case management analyzes and streamlines the flow of information in a flexible manner and restructures it where necessary.
What are the benefits of ACM?
- The knowledge worker plays a central role and determines the outcome of the case.
- A well-designed case management system helps enhance internal processes. It provides real-time insight and shows the current state of active cases at any level.
- ACM increases productivity and helps knowledge workers to make better business decisions. Because they don’t have to manage spreadsheets or systems, it becomes easier for them to add updates, scheduled events, and delegate tasks.
- An adaptive case management system delivers better outcomes at a lower cost. Since the time knowledge workers spend on cases is drastically reduced, they are able to handle more cases, saving the company money.
- ACM offers caseworkers increased flexibility as they can easily navigate through unforeseen conditions that require unique handling within the case. The system is able to adapt to changing business conditions.
What is adaptive case management software and how is it used?
Adaptive case management software is programs that provide organizations with a central location to keep and track all client data such as case notes, client communications, contact information, and invoices.
Adaptive case management software is used to enhance the working relationships within a team. Employees in an organization can easily share information. This saves time, ensures accuracy, and prevents duplication. Cloud-based ACM software allows caseworkers to access all files and client data at any time and save important details on the go.
It’s time to do business differently
Case management is a complicated process. In every organization, challenges and opportunities continuously present themselves and decisions must be made sooner rather than later. Adaptive case management software allows knowledge workers to effectively manage ad-hoc processes as they arise. Decision-makers have the right information when they need it and they are able to make informed decisions.