Why Would I Move Away From SharePoint?
January 18th, 2017 • sharepoint workflow
When I interact with a new customer, I start with these three questions:
- What process are you looking to automate?
- What are the pain points you are currently facing?
- What system do you have in place to handle your current process?
In about a third of my conversations, at the second or third question, I get the gloomy answer, “We use SharePoint and my users cannot understand it.”
Here are a few of the many complaints that companies have about SharePoint (taken from actual customers):
- The system is complex and not robust. You need a certification to understand the product!
- It takes huge amounts of resources from IT to set up and maintain.
- We have to pay expensive SharePoint consultants to implement/maintain it.
- Once a process has been set up, customizing the process becomes really hard.
- The release cycles are slow. Upgrades are painful.
And the most quoted downside of SharePoint is:
“My users hate using it.” For anyone who is non-technical, SharePoint feels clunky and complicated, and it is extremely hard to find relevant information.
One customer said, “SharePoint tries to do several things in one place but cannot do one of them perfectly.”
After I allow users the chance to vent their frustrations, they give out a final gasp of desperation and ask, “Can you help me?”
I always start out saying that KiSSFLOW is not for everyone. We don’t claim to be the one-stop-shop for all of your business needs, but we can do one thing really, really well: workflows.
Here are some of the many advantages KiSSFLOW has over SharePoint:
- Anyone can set up a workflow without calling a consultant.
- Changes and edits can be made in the moment.
- There are no maintenance costs.
- You can suggest new features (Try doing that with SharePoint!)
- KiSSFLOW has on-call support. (Our average response time is 11 minutes. SharePoint’s is never. Plus you can talk to fun people like me!)
- KiSSFLOW releases new features and enhancements all the time.
Join other organizations who have found a cost-effective solution to streamlining their processes and getting back to business. Just drop a “Hi” on our page and get started!